Minnesota United FC Head Coach Adrian Heath joined 1500ESPN this morning for a discussion on all things MNUFC and soccer. Here are a few of the takeaways from the conversation.
- Heath will be throwing out the first pitch at the Minnesota Twins game tonight but has never thrown a baseball before. He is terrified of becoming a sports blooper because of this. Good luck coach.
- His favorite moment so far was the home opener. He has been beyond impressed with the fans so far. Honestly feels this market could turn into one of the best soccer markets in the country. He asked the question if 35k people are willing deal with a blizzard to come watch a team they have never seen play before, what will they do once they are fully latched onto the team? Can’t say I disagree with this.
- Believes the team is starting to play better because the players are finally settled into their lives in Minnesota and with their new teammates. Admits to being embarrassed by the first couple games.
- Stressed the team is playing better than most realize. Can’t wait to play the next three games at home so fans can see how much better they are playing. I feel like I’ve read this somewhere recently.
- Believes the elite goal scorers have an innate ability to know where the ball is going to be in the box before it gets there. He feels Christian Ramirez has that type of ability and it is something that cannot be taught. He made a bold prediction that if CR21 keeps putting in the work like he has, he will end up with around 20 goals by the end of the season. I hope he is correct.
Were you able to listen? If so, what did you take away from the conversation. If you were unable, I strongly suggest going back and giving it a listen. It was a lot of fun. Very entertaining.