Good day, futbol fans!
Welcome to our latest daily roundup and open comment thread. Enjoy!
- The Loons are taking another step up in the community as they partner with the Lao Family Foundation for the annual Hmong International Freedom Festival.
- United recently released an updated construction timeline for the new stadium. Get hyped!
- Speaking of Loons, where the heck did that nickname come from? Jeff Reuter has the deets.
Around the League
- With the league’s secondary transfer window fast approaching, it’s time to fire up the rumor mill, this time beginning with Sporting KC.
- CenturyLink is about to lock in naming rights for the Seahawks and Seattle Sounders home turf for another 15 years at the staggering price of $160M.
Around the World
- We’ve all had moments of frustration with the USMNT’s lack of serious contention in the World Cup, but Bill Haisley reminds us to get back to the love of the sport.
- The Saudi Arabian Football Federation, meanwhile, has some explaining to do after refusing to join a moment of silence for the London rampage victims.
- Another team might soon have the opportunity to “Dare to Zlatan” as the bombastic striker is reportedly out at Manchester United.
Mark your calendar
- Next match: June 14 at Sporting KC, US Open Cup, 7:30 pm
- Next home match: June 21 vs. Portland Timbers, 7:00 pm