Minnesota United held their fourth training session of their preseason today, and most of the morning was spent in live situation drills or scrimmaging. The team split into grey training shirts versus pennies. Mason Toye and Miguel Ibarra led the Pennies in attack while Angelo and Romario led the team in grey. The team has a goalkeeper training with them currently, who played in net during the 9v9. Additionally, there was a field player and FWMSC goalkeeper, Brian Sylvestre.
- Mason Toye scored the opening goal, and he looks better than we’ve ever seen him. The Striker stayed in Minnesota all offseason training for 2019.
“It’s not going to be him not wanting to be a player, he wants it badly. He had one year in college, you know, before he came here,” Heath said. “We’ve seen Darwin talking to him this morning, and I think the guys, the rest of the guys recognize he wants to do well.”
- Michael Boxall didn’t participate in training today as he took a bit of a knock on his ankle according to Heath.
- Miguel Ibarra spent this offseason training with “Fly Feet Running” again, as he felt it was a productive way to train at the end of the 2017 season.
“I took the same approach, came back a little bit earlier than usual and started doing fly feet. I did two-a-day’s here and there and just because of the season I had last year, I think it was the way to go.”
- Miguel Ibarra had a conversation about the January Camp with head coach Gregg Berhalter, and he is, in fact, on Berhalter’s radar.
“I am on the list,” Ibarra said. “He thinks I had a great season and liked how I’m doing things. If I keep doing what i’m doing, if i keep doing that, he said he’s going to take me into consideration, so I just need to be ready for anything.
- Lastly, Adrian Heath’s thoughts on Everton’s season so far.
“Disappointing, Disappointing,” Heath said. “Obviously, I think that the players they bought, everybody expected a bit more, but there’s still plenty to play for.”
The team has scheduled a scrimmage available for media on Friday, and Adrian Heath eluded that there are more signings along the way over the next few weeks.